Week 1

I have learned a lot in the first week of ELEC 316!

Previously I had taught of assessment of only standardized tests such as the SAT and state exams. I am beginning to learn the importance of those tests as well as the many other types of assessments.

In class we talked about assessment is a great way to document students' learning but it is also a good tool for teachers monitor their teaching. 

My favorite type of assessment is formative assessments:

One of my favorite types of formative assessments is a pre-test and post-test. I think this is an easy way to monitor comprehension and teaching effectiveness. It is also a good tool to see what students' background knowledge is before teaching the content.

For example, for the pre-test the majority of the students are expected to get the questions wrong but after administering the post-test, majority of the students still get the questions wrong as a teacher you should re-teach those areas that students did not understand.  





Comments

  1. Hi Erin! I felt the same way about assessments before this week and I associated them with only "high stakes" exams. I like that you mention the example of pre-tests and post-tests as I feel like that is a great way to find out what students know before a lesson and what they have learned after the lesson. I also really like how you included a video about it too! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment