Week 2

This week in class our focus was on different types of observation we can use. These include running records, anecdotal records, time sampling, event sampling, checklists, rating scales and rubrics. 

For these observations, I learned the importance of using objectivity and not subjectivity. Using objectivity makes sure that emotions and feelings are not apart of the observation. For example: 

Notice in the green thought bubble there is an objective statement whereas the blue bubble is a subjective statement that includes "I love". The green bubble is unbiased. 
When I do observations in my own classroom I will make sure to use objectivity everyone reading will be able to draw their own conclusions. 










Comments

  1. I liked how you used a picture the difference between of using objectivity and not subjectivity. And making it clear which bubble was which. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how your blog page looks! I am also very much a visual learner, so giving me that image to look at is definitely helpful! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Erin! I love how your week 2 reflection is short, sweet, and to the point. Your set up is easily to read and caught my attention immediately. I also really enjoyed the example of the colored brains that you put into this reflection giving us more of a visual aid.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment