Week 3

During week three we learned about documentation. We learned why we document and different types of documentation. We document to see children's progress and interactions. My favorite type of document that we learned about this week a portfolio. This is a very interactive tool for students because they can contribute to it as well and be proud of the work they have completed. I learned this week that it is important to involve students with their documentation and I plan on using that in my classroom. By using portfolios and other documentation tools in the classroom, I will be able to monitor progress more effectively and see struggling areas in students that may need help.


REGGIO EMILIA vs CONVENTIONAL STYLE OF DOCUMENTATION

Reggio Emilia schools are child-based schools. In Reggio Emilia schools, students work in and documented in formative assessments, understanding, with cooperation and groups. Compared to the conventional style of documentation where students are documented through summative assessments, using measurements by themselves often competing with others. 

Comments

  1. Hi Erin :) I liked that you pointed out that students would enjoy making the portfolio as well, making the students want to be engaged in their learning. I also liked that you separated each section so it was easy to read and navigate.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment